Colorado Department of Labor and Employment Fraud Alert
We are hearing from many businesses and individuals that fraudulent unemployment claims are being filed. If you receive a notification from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment that a claim has been filed in your name, here are the steps you need to take:
- One – Submit an Identity Theft Report with Colorado DOL at www.coloradoui.gov.
- Two – Next, deactivate the U.S. Bank card by filling out the U.S Bank Form.
- Three – Contact the three consumer credit bureaus and put a fraud alert on your name and Social Security number (SSN).
Credit Bureau Contact Info: Equifax: 1-800-525-6285 Experian: 1-888-397-3742 TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289
- Four – Create a file where you can keep records of this identity theft in one place.
- Five - Reach out to the employer (past or current) who is listed on your claim and ask them to submit an Identity Theft Report as the Employer at www.colordoui.gov