Mold in Evergreen Real Estate
Yum. Moldy cheese is highly desirable when it comes to a fine charcuterie. But, when it comes to your home, Evergreen real estate or business, mold is one of the last things you want to discover.
Mold is a general term for fungi that may come in many forms both indoors and outdoors. It can be black, brown, yellow, pink, or green. Often it is fuzzy and quite smelly! There are countless types, some active and some not active in their growth. Moisture is required for mold to grow actively, and when it does it damages whatever it is growing on. That may mean your carpets, floors, walls, or other materials are being structurally damaged by mold growth. Not only that, but mold is detrimental to our health. Thus, it is vital to remove as soon as it is found.
How do you know if you have mold? Its possible that the mold is visible in the home, but is just as possible that it is hiding. So, it is important to know if you are at risk for having mold in your home. Think moisture!
- If you recently had water damage to your home, you may have mold growth.
- If you have any leaks in or around your home, you may have mold growth.
- If you have excessive condensation on your windows or in the bathroom areas of your home, you may have mold growth.
- If you have standing water in heating and cooling systems, water drains, floors, dehumidifying equipment, ducts, etc. you may have mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, it is important to call a professional. When mold is disturbed, it can spread through the air as tiny spores and become a much worse problem for you and your family. All testing should follow the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH), or other professional organizations in order to ensure safety when dealing with this hazardous material. SERVPRO professionals are all trained and specialized for mold testing, mitigation, and remediation.
Although each mold scenario is unique, the general process for mold remediation stays the same:
- Emergency contact- (303) 279-8055
- Inspection and mold damage assessment
- Mold containment
- Air filtration
- Removing mold and mold-infested materials
- Cleaning contents and belongings
If you suspect mold in your home or know of mold in your Evergreen real estate or property, business, or elsewhere, please give us a call and we are happy to help you! SERVPRO is efficient, professional, and local!
Our Blog Wars was a huge success! Please feel free to submit a blog anytime.